Saturday, January 15, 2011

Down, But Definitely Not Out.

Greetings, all-

As my lovely fellow Facebookers may or may not be aware, I've spent the last two days sick with something or other. Fortunately, things seem to be getting better- except for the funny, little hissing-noises that my chest makes when I try to breathe. Not exactly my idea of a good time.

So, it's Saturday again.

At the very least, my two-job nightmare has ended. This means I'll have a ton more free time to concentrate on the novel- query-whoring, mostly, and leafing through my copy of Writer's Digest- when I'm not slaving over a hot grill, that is.

Good thing I'm not like M. What with all the cuts and burns I end up with on a daily-basis, it's a surprise I'm not, like, totally emo- as a writer, my odds of being killed, dismembered, or otherwise injured on the job will significantly decrease.

In closing, I quote M. once more: "Life sucks, and then you die."

Sure feels that way, sometimes.

M., you always were the eternal optimist- why don't you do something constructive, for a change? Oh, that's right- people might actually start to like you, and that just wouldn't work with your image, 'cause you're totally hardcore.

-

I believe I've just been Emo'ed.

No comments:

Post a Comment