Sunday, June 12, 2011

And Now, For Something Completely Awesome.

Ranty post over.

Despite the fact that AP is currently sucking the life out of me, there are a few bright spots in this self-inflicted torture:

1. Awesome new novel idea!

-Just about everyone who knows me, whether online or in real-life, knows that I dislike the fantasy genre (save for Harry Potter, and his amazing author, J.K. Rowling). That said, I've been playing this awesome game recently, and have been inspired by characters I've created there; the ensuing attempt at fantasy will be my NaNoWriMo pet-project. Sure, it's 6 months away (okay, 5), but what better excuse to plan, plot, & block?

2. More epic adventures of aspiring writerdom!

-Yes, it's true. I will be participating in the Attic Owl poetry-reading at La Teraz on June 16th. The fun starts with a dinner at 6 pm, followed by poetry at 8, so those of you in the Moncton area should come out and join the party- to sign up for the mailing-list, or for more info, contact Ed and Elaine, our great & fearless leaders.

All's good in the 'hood,
L.

No comments:

Post a Comment